We collect a lot of content from our community as part of our efforts to grow and build a strong and vibrant community of reo speakers.
This content is submitted through an explicit registration and consent process by users. By submitting the content, users also agree to abide by these standards:
- You are at least 18 years of age or if you are under 18 years of age, you have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to grant authorisation for us to feature your Content
- The Content is your own creation and you own or control all rights
- Your Content does not infringe or violate the rights of any third parties – including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity/privacy, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations
- You have appropriate permission, rights, licenses, clearances and consent from any person(s) or other third-party appearing in the Content
- You are the parent/guardian with legal responsibility of any minors under 18 years of age depicted in the Content
- The Content does not contain any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined at our sole discretion
You will retain ownership, copyright and intellectual property rights that you have in relation to your Content. We will endeavour to credit you when your Content is published, reproduced or otherwise used, where possible.
It may be used by Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Māori in the ongoing promotion of the work we’re doing. This permission is explicitly granted by users via the submission process.
We reserve the right to decide whether we publish all content submitted and best efforts are made to ensure that nothing appears on the site that isn’t in the spirit of what we’re seeking to achieve.
We reserve the right to refuse Content, moderate or remove any Content submitted, for any reason at any time.
Any Content which may be deemed libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, indecent, threatening, harassing, hateful, or offensive or otherwise unlawful will be moderated.
We advise everyone who submits content to ensure you have the permission of the people appearing in it for it to be published. We ask you to be especially mindful of content that features children.
If you have any concerns about something you see on our site, please contact [email protected].
We will respond and take action within 3 days.
Social Media Moderation Policy
We want to help promote useful, safe and compassionate information sharing and conversation on social media. Our page can be a place where people can ask questions and connect with the community. Our moderation policy is manaakitanga for our online communities.
For those reasons, we have a few rules and guidelines for our whare, our online platforms.
We welcome your posts but we do keep an eye on comments. We will use our discretion but reserve the right to delete or hide posts and comments that contain:
- Inflammatory or hate speech including racism, sexism and religious bigotry
- Spam, bot posts and the advertising of anything illegal
- Private contact details of people who haven’t given you permission to share them including staff
- Abusive or violent language
- Threats to other people
- Nuisance or repetitious postings
- Factually incorrect or deliberately misleading information. This includes misinformation that we know to be untrue and that might scare people or cause worry.
We reserve the right to block and mute any members who go against our whare guidelines.