Here are some questions to help you get started:
- Does your school have a school song in te reo? Who wrote it?
- When did your school celebrate Te Wiki o te Reo Māori for the first time?
- What does your school usually do for Te Wiki o te Reo Māori?
- Does your school have a te reo Māori name? How did it get that name?
- Does your school have a te reo teacher? How long has this been in place?
- Does your school compete in kapa haka competitions or have a kapa haka group?
- When and where do you hear te reo Māori being spoken at your school? Has it always been that way?
- Does your school celebrate Matariki? When did this start?
- Who have been the champions for te reo at your school?
- Have you learned te reo Māori games at school? What are they?
- How did the teachers at your school incorporate te reo into their lessons? Does your school have a te reo Māori department, a kapa haka group or classes in te reo? What led to this being established? What impact has it had on your students, and your school identity?