Kōrero | Speak
- Host a ‘Kai and Kōrero' event where you only speak in te reo Māori. You can make this potluck or eat out at your local!
- Make 'kia ora' your first choice of greeting to everyone you speak to.
- Recite a kaikōhau (expression of hope).
- Learn and use #MyMihi to introduce yourself to anyone new.
- Prepare your whānau, friends or workplace to speak te reo Māori for the hour.
- Open your news bulletin with te reo Māori.
- Start lunch off with a karakia.
Order your coffee in te reo Māori.
- Kaputī me te kōrero - grab a kaputī at mahi or at home and invite whānau and friends.
- Set a ‘reo Māori only’ zone within your workplace or home.
- Set a time where your whānau or workplace only speak te reo (i.e. 1-2pm).
- Call a friend have a kōrero in te reo Māori.
- Sit with your kaumātua or whānau and share stories about te reo Māori in your family. Stories of te Reo is a platform to share your memories and experiences related to te reo.